Hustle now. Hustle Harder. Hustle good.
Words by BIGthink! HQ
On Thursday 30th July 2015 we held our Inaugural Mentoring and Panel Pitch Day for our Young Business Hustler 2015 Awards.
Our eight finalists were provided with the awesome opportunity to pitch their amazing business idea or start-up to a panel of entrepreneurs and industry experts, including:
- Alexie O’Brien – Head of Australia & NZ at Kit and Ace
- Holly Ransom – CEO of HRE Global
- Sue Barrett – Founder and CEO of salesessentials.com
- Nick Pearce – Co Founder of Homeless of Melbourne and HoMie
- John Di Natale – Founder and Managing Director of BIGthink!
- Anoushka Gungadin – CEO of The Duke of Ed Victoria
- Brad Smith – Founder and Director of braaap
It was such an inspirational day and we really enjoyed hearing how awesomely passionate the next generation of young entrepreneurs are, as well as all the GREAT feedback and advice from all our mentors and panelists!
A BIG (and well deserved) congratulations to our two winners: Natalie Alkire (25 year old) and Barbara van der Merwe (17 years old), who both blew away the panelists with their great business ideas, excellent pitch, and their A+ hustlin’ ability! We think their performance for the Panel Pitch is an indication that these young entrepreneurs are destined for success in the months and years to come!
Both winners receive:
- 12 months of business mentoring in our BIGthink! Baby Booster program, which will help our young hustlers set up the foundations for BIG growth!
- Access to the flagship online Sales Essentials Program – a 16 week sales education program designed to give people the tools and resources to sell effectively (courtesy of Sue Barrett of Barrett Consulting and salesessentials.com)
- Professional headshots from IKON Images (courtesy of Kon Iatrou)
The competition was super tough. Congratulations to each of the hustlin’ finalists for their amazing efforts. The panelists, mentors, BIGthink!® team, and Duke of Ed team were hugely impressed by their confidence, poise and passion for their business – and also for the phenomenal social and community aspects in their business ideas and start ups!
You can check out more about each finalist here. We’ll be continuing to provide support and assistance to this group to help them kick start their businesses and turn their entrepreneurial dreams into reality!
Check out some of the pics from the day below!
Young Business Hustler 2015, #YBHustler2015, is a competition for young entrepreneurs… brought to you by BIGthink! Business Booster® and The Duke of Edinburgh International Award – Victoria. For more information on the competition check out the YBHustler website.
For a detailed run down of what took place on the day check out the blog @ Duke of Ed Vic.
A HUGE THANK YOU to our Mentors: Kylie Harker of Squirrel Business Hub, Gavin Sequeira of Break Free from Corporate, and Liliane Grace of The Mastery Club – who helped our young hustlers prepare for the Pitch!
A special thanks to Fingerprint Me for providing access to their incredible venue for the day and to our amazing photographer Kon from IKON Images.